Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Coucou! (Spring '14)

























01. The Dovers "What Am I Gonna Do?"
02. Tony Allen & the Chimes "Nite Owl"
03. The Flamingos "I Only Have Eyes for You"
04. Abner Jay "I Am Georgia Bound"
05. Getatchew Kassa "Tezeta (Slow)"
06. Blind Willie McTell "Boll Weevil"
07. Joseph Falcon "Lafayette"
08. The Kansas City Six "Pagin' the Devil"
09. Cecil Barfield "Lucy Mae Blues"
10. Brother Theotis Taylor "Somebody's Gone"
11. Josette Dayde et le Quintette du Hot Club de France "Coucou"
12. Sidney Bechet "As-tu le Cafard?"
13. Armandinho "Fado Em Lá Maior"
14. Dave Tarras "Second Avenue Square Dance"
15. Les Paul & Mary Ford "I'm a Fool to Care"
16. L. Winter "The Lord Will Make a Way Somehow"
17. Ted Lucas "It Is So Nice to Get Stoned"
18. Gilberto Gil & Jorge Ben "Quem Mandou"
19. Al Green "Back Up Train"

I'm so glad this is finally done. It sure took me a while. Mostly because I scrapped two other mixes along the way. But now, here it is: an hour of springtime vibes for you. Gypsy jazz, klezmer jazz, ethiopian jazz! A lot of things that aren't jazz at all. L. Winter might as well be the Jamaican Karen Dalton and of course there's plenty of bluesy trips. I hope it treats you well as you drive around with the windows finally down again. It's going to get sweaty again soon so we might as well enjoy the days that aren't raining right now. Get coucou!

HEAR


STREAM at Mixcloud


The cover image is from a photo by John H. White titled 'South Side Chicago, 1973'

No comments:

Post a Comment